Saturday, December 13, 2008

June Brag Book




I think this picture of the girls is one of my favorites.  I changed the photo to black and white and ran a special action on it, and it turned out superb!  I even used it on one of our christmas photo cards we sent out.  I spent saturday addressing my cards and geting the envelopes stuffed.  I even created a family newsletter to either mail or e-mail to our friends and family!  It was a lot of fun to create a letter and try to put a whole year's worth of events and news into a few paragraphs.  I created another 4x6 scrapbook page and printed them off at snapfish for .09 and free shipping! and those I'll try to mail out like a postcard to our friends and family.  Why use an envelope that just gets thrown away? 

Here's a list of sites promoting home-made Christmas ideas.  Check it out!  I've seen a lot of ideas talking about "felting", using old sweaters made out of at least 50% wool, then washing them so they shrink, and then cutting them up to use for a variety of things.  I'd be interested in making mittens, both decorative and to use, making children's clothing, and cutting into squares for a quilt.  The decorative idea I've seen is to cut out and sew small mittens and stockings, then string them onto a twine garland and hang them around your mantel, Christmas tree, or anywhere.  Cute winter decorations, right?  I've actually made something like this out of felt, and they are cute.

1 comment:

trishtheconqueror said...

Thanks for the link love! Merry Christmas!!

Look but Don't Take

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is ©Jennifer Beggs. My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only and may not be copied for contest submission or publication.

My Family

My Family
God Bless America

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus with all my heart and a truth & Grace seeker. I married the love of my life in 2000 and I've been blessed with 5 lovies that I homeschool. Join me as I blog about my interests.

Counter

Web Site Counter

Blog Archive